3:1 Giveback for Operation Homefront
For every new eligible account on Bellevue bookoo, we will donate $3 to Operation Homefront (details below), the national nonprofit that provides emergency financial and other assistance to the families of service members and Wounded Warriors. Accounts on Bellevue bookoo are free and to be eligible for this donation drive must be created between Oct. 1 and Nov. 12 by adults age 18 and older (military or civilian) living in the Bellevue community.
Register for a free account at: http://bellevue.bookoo.com/newaccount.jsp
Stars & Stripes Scholarship
Bookoo is also a strong advocate of continued education both for military personnel and military spouses. Scholarships have helped the Bookoo team personally gain momentum for a college education, and we want to benefit military families who do so much for our country. Check out all the application details below. We can't wait to see all your great entries!
To apply: Complete the short application linked below (provided in two formats for easy reference)
Military Scholarship Application (.doc) -
Military Scholarship Application (.pdf)
- What: Bookoo is awarding one $1,000 scholarship for higher education at a school of the recipient's choice.
- Eligibility: To qualify, you must currently be active duty or married to an active service member, and live in the Bellevue community. See below for more details on eligibility.
- Timeframe: Applications must be submitted between Oct. 1 and Nov. 12.
- To Apply: Click one of the links to the application form below, complete it and email it to email@example.com, or mail it to 248 Foster Dr., Oswego, IL 60543.
- Questions: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your inquiry, please reference the location of the Bookoo site you're using.
- Recipient: The scholarship recipient will be announced by the end of November and money awarded directly to the school of choice as soon as information is provided and verified.
- Additional Requirements: Read below for more information.
Please contact us at email@example.com
Bookoo sites connect neighbors, allowing them to safely buy and sell their treasures locally, and to view a map of upcoming yard sales in their area. Free and easy to use, anyone can search and post items for sale on Bookoo.com, or through the free mobile app for iPhone and Android. Join the world's funnest darn tootin' yard sale community at Bookoo.com!
About Operation Homefront:
Operation Homefront provides emergency financial and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors. A national nonprofit, Operation Homefront leads more than 5,000 volunteers across a network of chapters and field offices and has met more than 590,000 needs since 2002. A four-star rated charity by watchdog Charity Navigator, and with an A rating by the American Philanthropy Institute, 94 percent of all donations to Operation Homefront goes to its programs. For more information about Operation Homefront, please visit www.operationhomefront.net.
Bookoo 2012 Stars & Stripes Military Scholarship Requirements
- The Bookoo 2012 Stars & Stripes Military Scholarship is for active-duty members of the U.S. military and their spouses who reside in the Bellevue, Nebraska, community.
- Applications will be accepted from Oct. 1, 2012 through Nov. 12, 2012. The recipient will be announced in November 2012.
- A student may not receive more than one Bookoo scholarship award in any one academic year. All checks are paid directly to the school; we cannot make payment directly to the student.
- Scholarship awards may be used for cost of attendance expenses. We will notify the student when we mail the check.
- The scholarship recipient will be required to verify local residency in or near Bellevue, Nebraska.
- If a student discontinues studies after the scholarship funds are dispersed, any unused funds shall be refunded to Bookoo. The unused portion may not be paid to the student personally.